Mojave Desert

After my presentation in Houston, I flew to Los Angeles to visit my relatives. My aunt was so eager to show me interesting places, so she decided to bring me to Las Vegas.

We took an early morning trip the following day from West Covina, had a stop over at my cousin's place in Rancho Cucamonga then on to Las Vegas. 

On our way, we passed by the Mojave desert. The view along the way was so panoramic. Here are some pictures I have taken there.
   
The majestic mountain range of Nevada

The panoramic roadside view

Expanse of the desert

The solar power plant in Mojave desert.

This is the second time I have seen a desert (the first one was in Dubai) and I was amazed by its characteristics. The particular thing which piqued my curiosity was the  Joshua trees. It was the first time I have seen it. It also seems that there is natural ordering of flora in the desert as the plants or trees were arranged in such a congruous way.

Anyhow, at this point, I'm excited to write about our destination. Las Vegas!!! 

Comments